Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lottery Rose Review

I thought the Lottery Rose was a really good book. The first plot was just so sad that it made you want to keep reading. Plus, it kept your attention throught the middle by using some really creative characters. I liked how they included the parts from school. That just makes the characters more relatable. But surprisingly, I didn't find it as sad as everyone had said it would be. I respect what happened (I didn't laugh or anything) I just didn't find myself crying. Either way, Irene Hunt did a great job! A+! (Elizabeth)

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, maybe it's because I'm a mom but I had to get a Kleenex when I was reading the beginning. I cried in class. (Of course, sometimes I cry at Hallmark or Publix commercials. Guess I'm just sentimental.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elizabeth it was as sad as i expected. But a lot of action like the black eye Georgie gave to someone. Who I cant remember. To me it seemed their was some reality in this book.

    ReplyDelete