Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lottery Rose Review

I thought the book, The Lottery Rose, was great. In the beginning, i looked at the title and said, "This looks stupid it's about a rose...". When i read the first couple of pages about Georgie mouthing off to his teachers i changed my thoughts and it made me want to read more. Georgie encounters many things from being beaten, to winning a rosebush, to being sent to an all boys home. In the story i liked how they consistantly introduced new characters. I really liked this book and i think if you read it you will too. (Morgan)

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am guilty for judging a book by its cover occasionally! We had to read a book in my book club that I was NOT excited about partly because of the lame cover. It actually ended up being a good read. Some of your peers judged The Outsiders by the cover too but ended up loving the book. Don't get me started on making judgments of people based on first encounters!

    ReplyDelete