Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Among the Hidden

text to world
Just like in Among the Hidden, people chop down woods all the time to make room for houses or whatever else. I think it is terrible that this is happening and I wish it would stop. It is sad to think about the natural state of our world, but specifically America, being disturbed. In the book, if the government hadn't cut down those woods, Luke might still be allowed to go outside, but he has to stay completely hidden when the new families move in. I think it is a good connection to reality. (Lexie)

4 comments:

  1. well i dont think they should chop down so many trees either because may grandparents used to live in a place with a lot of trees. Now there are not very many.

    katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think they can chop down woods, but only to a certain extent. if there is a homeless man who just needs a small log cabin, he should be allowed to chop down trees. but if a mall wants to expand just to make more money, and they wipe out an entire forest, that shouldn't be allowed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Brody. People should be more careful because you are ruining animals' homes by cutting down trees!
    -Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember: "I am the Lorax and I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees 'cause the trees have no tongues...." Can anyone name that book? It was one of my favorites as a child.

    ReplyDelete